BNIM Los Angeles seeks Project Designers
BNIM is a design collaborative built on architecture, graphic and planning expertise. Comprised of an energetic collection of design professionals we share a deep commitment to responsible, high-quality design and a rigorous approach to project and client delivery. BNIM was the recipient of the 2011 AIA National Architecture Firm Award.
Our newly established Los Angeles office is a studio culture built on curiosity, where camaraderie and high work morale are prioritized. Characterized by creativity, high energy and a strong team spirit we are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cool workplace open to collaboration and cross-disciplinary influences.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and an informal work place with on-going training opportunities, and an environment that allows employee interests and strengths to flourish.
About the Position
Qualified candidates must be passionate about design excellence, sustainability and high performance projects, have a minimum of 10 years architectural experience and an NAAB accredited degree. Experience will clearly show a strong creative design portfolio, which is essential, along with strong project leadership. Candidates must demonstrate past experience with innovative materials along with strong technical knowledge of complex building systems and structures often found in institutional, cultural, and mixed-use projects.
This position fits a person who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, who values creativity and exploration and is passionate about project delivery and utmost quality.
Qualified candidates should possess the following characteristics and skills:
- Fluent in English, spoken and written (2nd language is an asset)
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Client management & project coordination skills
- Technical detailing & construction administration
- Requirement: Revit, AutoCAD, V-Ray, Rhino, Adobe Suite
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget your time
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of construction methods
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Filing, construction documents and construction administration in North America
- Experience working with a leading American or International architecture office
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Architect/Designer on built and published references
- Licensed and/or LEED AP are assets
- Holds all legal permits and visas required to work in USA
- Curious and Creative
- Innovative and Explorative
- Critical and Exacting
- Strategic and Nimble
- Collaborative and Communicative
- Self-driven and Willing (can-do)
- Generous Spirit
Filling this role will not be determined by experience only; we are looking for the right fit for our team.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to email@example.com.
BNIM is an equal opportunity employer.