BNIM's Bold Statement for Climate Action
That is the magic number. This represents the total global carbon dioxide emissions humanity can emit over the next 30 years if we are to keep our planet from warming to the point of irreversible cascade failure. Buildings and infrastructure are currently responsible for half of global emissions, so architects have a vital role to play in the months and years ahead. Now is the moment our innovation, ingenuity, and resourcefulness are needed most in the world.
- BNIM reduces carbon dioxide emissions in the operation of our practice and our portfolio of projects to net zero by 2030…but that’s not going to be nearly enough!
- BNIM designs to phase out on-site fossil fuels across our portfolio by 2025.
- BNIM designs for net-zero energy and off-grid readiness on every project. Everywhere.
- BNIM commits to measure, report, and publicly share our environmental performance progress across our portfolio and studio operations.
- BNIM commits to supporting office and staff C02 emissions reductions through a new suite of employee benefits and practice policies by the end of 2020.