Steve McDowell participates in KC Global Design Webinar: 'Overcoming Fear: The Role Design Plays in Gaining Consumer Confidence'
"Lifting the human spirit in our buildings is crucial for the future." - BNIM's Steve McDowell recently joined other industry experts in a KC Global Design webinar 'Overcoming Fear: The Role Design Plays in Gaining Consumer Confidence' hosted by Henderson Engineers.
The turnout was quite successful, with more than 400 people from around the globe, representing 250 organizations, 32 states, and four countries.
The webinar provided insight into the following questions, among others:
- What will public spaces look like?
- How will crowds feel safe?
- How do we ensure our employees feel safe?
- What changes can we expect to see in our workplaces?
- Will our travel habits ever go back to normal?
- How are consumer needs and desires changing?
The webinar— with a focus on how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the view of building design, public realm, and best practices — addressed helping businesses overcome consumer fear as we all attempt to get back to normal.
Travel/Mass Transit | Ryan Gedney National Design Director, HNTB
Consumer Confidence | Chad Nicholson SVP of Strategic Intelligence, Barkley