BNIM is seeking a perfect fit for our Marketing department.
Though this position is entitled “Graphic Designer,” the role is deeply rooted in visual communication that helps reveal BNIM’s brand, message, values, culture, processes and portfolio of work. In fact, a more appropriate title for this role might be “Communication Designer.”
History has taught us that the best fit for this role at BNIM is an individual with an architectural background who has a passion for design in the realm of graphics and communication. This is a person who prefers to generate and flawlessly execute design ideas quickly while managing several fast-paced design projects at once versus spending years participating in a single long-term project.
Our work subscribes to the ethos of “Generous Pragmatism,” which is the idea that what something does matters just as much as what it looks like. We constantly improve upon past ideas to perpetuate a cycle of replication focused on innovation and excellence and expect the successful candidate to bring energy and passion to this concept.
We are seeking an individual with 3 to 5 years of experience and the following characteristics and skills:
- Curious and Explorative
- Critical and Exacting
- Friendly and Communicative
- Collaborative and Creative
- Self-driven and Willing (can-do)
- Generous Spirit
- Nimble and Strategic
- Conviction without ego
- Grace under pressure
- Ability to translate ideas and constraints to functional and beautiful design
- Impeccable organizational and management skills
- Well-established skills coordinating team efforts
- Skillful in creating appropriate replicable processes to maintain the highest level of efficiency
- Effective and mature verbal and interpersonal communication
- A deadline and detail-oriented work ethic
- Exceedingly high expectations of oneself and others
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Products especially PowerPoint; Familiarity with productivity tools like Vision, Newforma, etc. is a plus
- Proficient in various media: print, web, motion, new media
- Skillful in “making” objects and artifacts, putting things together, building things
- Preparing teams for interviews, providing graphic design support including PowerPoint presentations, leave-behinds and follow-up material (custom emails, etc.)
- Maintaining website including updating content and monitoring feedback
- Maintaining BNIM’s photography asset management program including updating imagery, tagging and organization
- Maintaining all third party online architectural portfolios including Behance, Archinect, ArchRecord, AIA, Architizer, etc.
- Supporting award submissions, follow-up and documentation
- Designing and broadcasting online mass-mailings including our quarterly newsletter, Mindful and other email campaigns
- Providing graphic design support for ongoing social media presence
- Ideal candidates have 3 to 5 years of marketing experience in the fields of architecture and design. However, filling this role will not be determined by experience alone; we are looking for the right fit for our team.