BNIM is seeking the perfect fit for our team.
We believe in integrated design, and as a result visual communication and graphics play an important role in our built work to reinforce the goals, mission or brands of our clients. We aim to stay on the leading edge of technology and trends, and our reward is the deep pleasure we find working rigorously in a highly creative, inviting and non-competitive way to create innovative projects for our clients.
The best fit for the Experiential Graphic Designer role is an individual with a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, industrial design or interior design who has a passion for design in the realm of graphics and communication. The ideal candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment that values productivity and efficiency balanced with utmost quality, who flawlessly executes design projects, and who has impeccable, evolving taste.
We are seeking an individual with 2 to 5 years of experience and the following characteristics and skills:
- Self-driven and Willing (can-do)
- Generous Spirit
- Explorative (because Outside-the-Box thinking seems so limited!)
- And most of all…Having conviction without ego
- Ability to translate ideas and constraints into executable design
- Impeccable organizational and management skills
- Well-established skills coordinating team efforts
- Effective and mature verbal and interpersonal communication
- A deadline- and detail-oriented work ethic
- Exceedingly high expectations of oneself and others
- Understanding of branding concepts and their integration into the built environment
- Knowledge of fabrication methods and technologies
- Knowledge of codes and regulations for signage
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs (especially Illustrator) and Revit. Knowledge of Sketch-Up, CAD, 3D visualization programs, HTML/web knowledge, and video editing programs is a plus
- Understanding of architectural scales and able to read and interpret architectural and shop drawings
- Understanding of ADA and IBC guidelines
- Understanding of industry standard manufacturing processes and signage materials
- Skillful in “making” objects and artifacts, putting things together, building things
- Actively participates in the design, development and production of environmental graphics
- Creates innovative, creative and complete design concepts and presents to clients/team
- Prepares diagrams, renderings, plans, schedules, sections, elevations and detailed drawing packages
- Manages the budget, scope and schedule for the environmental graphic design portion of projects
Ideal candidates have 2 to 3 years of experience with 3D/2D graphics, signage, interactive design, industrial design and 3D design/visualization. However, filling this role will not be determined by experience alone; we are looking for the right fit for our team.
To view the full job posting and to learn more about our firm, visit us at www.bnim.com
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio of relevant work to Ruthie Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.